This blog is about Celebrities and other hot issues around the world.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Piolo Pascual wants to be taken seriously as a singer

Piolo Pascual
Piolo Pascual is not only an actor but a singer too. I like his voice and love his music although some of them are revivals. Piolo Pascual will serenade his fans this coming February 14, 2011 together with Ryan Cayabyab. The show is entitle "Piolo meets the Maestro Ryan Cayabyab". The heartthrob will be sing the ballad arrangement of Ryan.

Piolo Pascual is thankful because after these years his fans are still there. He sings in the Philippines and abroad and released album almost every year. He said that want to be a serious singer too.

Here is the complete article about this taken from Push:

Piolo Pascual is set to serenade his fans this Valentine’s Day at his major concert entitled Piolo meets the Maestro Ryan Cayabyab on February 14 at the PICC Plenary Hall. The Ultimate Heartthrob will be performing some of the most loved ballads arranged by renowned composer/musician Ryan Cayabyab. Piolo said he is just thankful that in the years that he’s been doing concerts here and abroad and releasing studio albums, the support of his fans has remained unwavering. “I’ve just released my seventh album. Halos every year yata nagre-release ako ng album. Modesty aside, naging okay naman ‘yung response ng tao. Siguro I’ve been more exposed abroad. Average of four or five shows ang ginagawa ko abroad in a year. Ten years na akong nagto-tour abroad.”

Piolo started out in showbiz as an actor/model. It was only in the early 2000s after he became a mainstay on the musical variety show ASAP did he discover that he could actually sing. Together with his then all male group The Hunks which included Diether Ocampo, Jericho Rosales, Carlos Agassi, and Bernard Palanca, he would do concerts around the country and other parts of the globe, which were all sold-out events. Piolo continued his venture into music by recording one album after another.

But does Piolo really want to be taken seriously as a singer, or is music just a pastime he enjoys doing on the side? He explained that given the massive support from fans for his albums and concerts over the past years, he will continue to take music very seriously. “I’m more known as an actor but with the chance that I’m given, to perform live in front of people, I don’t want to limit myself. If I can sing in ASAP and in shows abroad, I’ll do what I can do. I’ll do what I feel is best for me. I can’t say how I want to be viewed in terms of music. But I’ll keep doing this as long as there are producers out there who want me to do an album or a concert and of course people who want to listen and watch me.”

However, Maestro Ryan pointed out one obstacle that his hindering Piolo from proving to the public that he can really sing. Based on Ryan’s experience doing concerts with Piolo Pascual in the past, the audience, most especially the ladies, would rather swoon over the handsome man than listen to his voice. “Ang hirap kasi sa mga artistang katulad ni Piolo, paglabas pa lang sa stage, magtitilian na lahat ng tao. Wala ka nang maririnig sa kanta kasi puro tilian na lang hanggang matapos ‘yung show. All the ladies umaakyat na ng stage para magpa-picture. We’re talking about seven thousand people. Dati nga nakita ko ‘yung expression sa mukha ni Piolo, ‘Mr. C, itutuloy pa ba natin ito?’ So, I want to present him as a singer-performer. Gusto ko makita talaga ng mga tao ang talent niya sa performing.”


Share:

Sponsor Links:

0 comments:

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget

Advertiser

Search Your Favorite Star


Blog Archive